How to Sublet Your Apartment or Ann Arbor Student Rental House
Subletting your apartment or room in your rental house is OK with this landlord. Check with your landlord to verify your situation or read you lease agreement.
Sublettor: Current tenant wishing to sublet his house or apartment.
Sublessee: The temporary renter subletting from the sublettor.
Below are really good links to the UM Off Campus Housing Site: Off-Campus Housing Service Even if you don’t attend this University of Michigan, this is really good, common sense information you can use to sublet your apartment.
There are places to look for and advertise a sublet in Ann Arbor. We are also providing a form you can use with your Sublessee.
THIS IS IMPORTANT!!
- You are responsible for any damages your sublessee may incur, plus all the rent.
- University-Places manager needs to have the name and contact information of your sublessee. You can use these form below.
- The agreement is between you and the Sublessee.
- You should consider requesting a security deposit from your Sublessee.
- You should provide the Right And Duties of a Tennant to your Sublessee.
Use These Links
scroll down to the bottom of the page for the subletting information and places to advertise and find Sublessee.
Guidelines for Subletting.pdf Document from University of Michigan
Sub-Leasing Document I found this on the web somewhere– at another college website. I’m not claiming ownership. Use this sublet document between sublettor and sublessee.